HP's Trade-In Program through Market Velocity, Inc.
HP Trade-In is a service provided to HP customers by Market Velocity, Inc. (MVI), an independent third party. HP is not involved in individual transactions between Market Velocity and HP customers. Any and all transactions conducted on this site are solely the responsibility of Market Velocity and such visitors. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you hereby release HP and its respective directors, employees and agents from any disputes, claims, demands, and/or damages (actual or consequential) of every kind, whether known or unknown, arising out of, or relating to, your use of Market Velocity services, including, without limitation, uncompleted or completed transactions and any claims or disputes between you and Market Velocity.
The following terms and conditions apply to your use of the Market Velocity service sponsored by HP. If you have any questions please contact customer service
. Market Velocity may amend this site at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. Terms are effective immediately upon posting. These terms and conditions may not be otherwise amended except in writing and signed by you and Market Velocity.
The HP Standard Trade-In Program is an on-going means of providing value for aging IT hardware when it is traded in and new HP product is purchased. The HP Standard Trade-In Program enables users to receive money back for their trade-ins and in some cases additional promotional money back from new purchases of HP products coupled with money back for the trade-in product. The money distributed to the user for the trade-in and any additional cash back from new purchases may be referred to in individual program and promotion documents variously as a "refund," "rebate," "trade-in allowance," "cash back," or other similar phrase. Individual users trading fewer than 50 units can get an instant trade-in quote by providing some basic information, including the trade-in product category, manufacturer, model, condition and your zip code. Once you are registered and accept these program Terms and Conditions, your quote confirmation (with quote #) and next steps for completing the trade-in process will be provided.
Trade-in proof-of-ownership requirements
By agreeing to these program terms and conditions, you warrant that all trade-in equipment or the sale and shipment of such equipment must not violate any applicable laws, statutes, ordinances or regulations, including export laws. You are responsible for complying with any and all such laws. Any equipment you seek to sell using Market Velocity services: (1) shall not infringe on third-party intellectual property rights (including copyright, trademarks, patent, trade secrets or other proprietary rights; (2) shall not be counterfeit, stolen, or fraudulent.
Program rules and requirements
- The HP Standard Trade-In Program is available to end-users and authorized HP Resellers in the U.S. and Canada, only.
- If an HP authorized reseller is accepting these Terms and Conditions, the reseller is responsible for complying with all program requirements even if the end-user is designated to receive the trade-in Cash Back amount.
- Payment will be made via check to the Participant stated as the purchaser on the proof of purchase invoice supplied.
- HP and Market Velocity reserve the right to request additional information from the end-user customer and/or HP authorized reseller at our discretion.
- HP is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or postage-due claims/requests or for any printing, human, fax, computer or other errors. Nonconforming submissions will not be acknowledged or processed.
- All documentation submitted for this program becomes the property of HP and will not be returned.
- This offer not transferable.
- All decisions by HP and MVI are final.
Combining with special pricing or other promotions
The HP Standard Trade-In Program may be combined with special pricing and other HP promotions.
Program steps and timing
- To receive a trade-in value quote, select "Get a Quote" from the top navigation bar.
- Provide basic information on your trade-in product, including product category, manufacturer, model, condition and your zip code as requested. If your product has a trade-in value, you will receive a quote for the trade-in value of your trade-in products instantaneously. If your product does not have a trade-in value you may select Recycle or Donate for additional disposition options for your product.
- Read these terms and conditions in their entirety and select "Accept/Proceed to Next Phase" at the bottom of the terms and conditions page.
- To complete your trade you will be required to register or login (if you are already registered).
- MVI will provide you a Quote number on the HP Trade-In Confirmation page and via an HP Trade-In Confirmation email. Your trade-In quote is good for 30 days from the date of this trade-in confirmation.
- Within one business day the shipping instructions with the shipping label/placard will be provided to you. For a limited time, fees for shipping and handling for select printers within the continental US are included as part of the standard HP Trade-In Program offer for all trades totaling 20 units or less. Free shipping is excluded on all PCs and PC products, plotters, and copiers. This offer is limited to one (1) trade, per customer, in a thirty (30) day period. Some or all of the shipping and handling fees may be deducted from the trade-in value for customers who trade over 20 units and/or are located outside the continental US.
- Pack your product(s) safely and ship them to MVI following the shipping instructions and using the prepaid, pre-addressed shipping label/placard for each item you are trading. You have 30 days from the trade-in confirmation date to ship your trade-in. MVI will provide a "product received" email when your trade-in arrives.
- Use the most convenient purchasing option(s) to buy new HP products and fax your proof-of-purchase to 770-925-9064. Purchases of new equipment must be made either 30 days prior to or 30 days following the date you receive your Trade-In Confirmation email with your assigned Quote number. Your proof of purchase must be received by MVI within 30 days of that same date.
- All checks are mailed via U.S. Postal Service to the address designated in your transaction. Checks will be mailed within 45 days from the time you ship your product. If you have not received your check please contact customer service.
Trade-in pickup and delivery
- You agree to remove all data from your current product before shipping it. You are responsible for removing all data, including without limitation, any personally identifiable information or protected healthcare information, from your current product before shipping it. By sending Market Velocity your product, you agree to release Market Velocity and HP from any claim as to the data stored in such product, or in any media or data storage device included with any product that you send to Market Velocity, and for the security, integrity, confidentiality, disclosure or use of any such data. Market Velocity and HP will not be responsible for securing, protecting, keeping secret or otherwise managing any form of data or information that is stored on or otherwise contained in any product that you send to Market Velocity (including any computer hard drive, ROM, CD-ROM, disk or other storage media of any form).
- The trade-in products must be located in the U.S or Canada.
- You are responsible for the de-installation and packaging of the trade-in product(s). HP may or may not provide packing materials and pay for shipping depending on the product being traded. Details on packaging and shipping will be provided with your trade-in quote.
- If applicable, when packaging your device, be sure to include your operating system software on CD or diskette, the Certificate of Authenticity, end-user license agreement, and manuals. If your system originally was shipped with a restore CD, each of the above items will be on the restore CD, and not packaged separately. Please include any documentation and accessories that originally was shipped with your device. These items could include: warranty cards, keyboard, mouse and connection cables. Failure to include these items will impact the value of your trade. If you do not have these items, please contact customer service for further assistance.
- Once your trade-in product is shipped, Market Velocity cannot, and does not guarantee, that it will be able to honor any request for return of the product and/or any data or information contained in such product.
Receipt and validation of trade-ins by MVI
- Market Velocity will send you a trade-in Cash Back check for your product based on the used value it assigns to your product taking into account the product's present condition. You must state your trade-in product's condition accurately and to the best of your ability based on the guidelines posted on this site (click here to view Determining Values). Market Velocity will perform an inspection upon receipt of your product. If the product's condition differs materially from that which you described, Market Velocity reserves the right to re-price your trade-in using the same condition parameters originally available to you.
- The trade-in products must be shipped within the timeframe as set forth above and must be "Complete". "Complete" means that the trade-in products will include, at a minimum, all hardware, software and component parts and copies of all applicable license(s) needed for the trade-in products to operate, and as described by you in the quote process. If trade-in products are not delivered to MVI within the timeframe as set forth above, or are not delivered to MVI "Complete", MVI reserves the right to recalculate the trade-in value or return the trade-in product, if possible. In most cases, it is not possible to return the product. If the product is returned, you will be responsible for any and all associated shipping costs.
- MVI's packing and shipping recommendations should be followed in order to avoid possible damage or loss. If you follow the packing guidelines and instructions, the product should arrive in the same condition as when it left your site. If the product is damaged during shipping and there is visible damage to the packing materials (box is dented, ripped, smashed, etc.), Market Velocity will take responsibility for resolving any claims with the courier. If the packing is intact, but the product is not in the condition stated by you in the quote process, Market Velocity will contact you directly to discuss the product's condition and recalculate the trade-in value. If your trade-in product(s) were received and through the inspection process, it was determined that the product condition was misrepresented by you, and there is no trade value (click here to view Determining Values), Market Velocity reserves the right to charge you a recycling fee for the disposition of this product. If the product can be returned to you, you will be responsible for any and all associated shipping costs. If you are returning multiple products, please package them separately using the appropriate shipping label for each product being returned.
- MVI shall not be responsible for the loss, safekeeping, or maintenance in confidence of any data resident on the trade-in products.
- The trade-in product number, model number, its configuration and condition must match what was provided to MVI according to the Program instructions. If they do not match, MVI reserves the right to recalculate the trade-in value or return the trade-in product, if possible. If the product is returned, you will be responsible for any and all associated shipping costs.
- You warrant that the trade-in products are free of any liens or encumbrances, including third-party software which may not be transferred or for which royalties are due. You also shall indemnify MVI from all claims or losses sustained by MVI as a result of any breach of this warranty.
- Risk of loss for the trade-in products shall remain with the end-user or HP authorized reseller (as determined between end-user and HP authorized reseller) until delivery of the same to MVI's designated carrier.
- The delivery of the trade-in products to MVI's carrier shall be final and effective to transfer title of such products to MVI free and clear of all liens and other encumbrances.
- Title of the trade-in product passes at the earlier of either the Cash Back designee receiving the trade-in Cash Back or MVI's carrier has picked up the trade-in product.
MVI makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of all information that you receive in relation to your trade-in product. In the event of typographical errors, technical inaccuracies, or product pricing errors or omissions, MVI reserves the right to correct the error within seven (7) calendar days of the trade. If MVI corrects the error, MVI will provide you with the following options: (1) to proceed with the transaction based on the corrected information; or (2) to cancel your transaction, in which case MVI will promptly send the trade-in product back (if possible) or replace it with like product (i.e., similar make, model and condition).
Submitting false claims for program benefits will disqualify end-user's or HP authorized reseller's claim, make end-user or HP authorized reseller ineligible for future participation in HP promotional programs, and may subject end-user or HP authorized reseller to civil liability or criminal prosecution.
Program changes or termination
This program is subject to change or termination at any time, without notice, by HP. All trade-in transactions are subject to the approval of HP.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH GEORGIA LAW, AND NO CONFLICT OF LAWS PROVISIONS OF ANY JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU AGREE THAT ANY ACTION AT LAW OR IN EQUITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE FILED ONLY IN STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN ATLANTA, GEORGIA, AND YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY CONSENT AND SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS OVER ANY SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.